i. To assess the temperature and humidity conditions for cow in the cooled shelters
ii. To design and develop the cooling system for cow
iii. To evaluate the effect of cooling systems on production of dairy cow
(a) The fanR11;pad and fanR11;fogger cooling systems have been installed in the shelters (b) The operation of the cooling systems has been started.
i.To assess the temperature and humidity conditions in the poultry shelters using different cooling devices
ii. To study the effect of cooling devices on growth and carcass characteristics of broiler chicks
iii. To evaluate the effect of cooling systems on egg production and quality in the laying hens
iv. To study the impact of different cooling devices on comfort and welfare of broiler and laying hens
Segregation of the poultry shelters in experimental units
The fan-pad and fan-fogger cooling systems have been installed and is in operation in the shelters for laying hens of deep litter and cage system
1. To apply packaging and allied technologies for storage of selected fresh and fresh cut vegetables
2. To evaluate the shelf life, bioactive compounds, antioxidants and microbial safety of stored vegetables
3. To optimized the safe shelf life of selected fresh and fresh cut vegetables vis-a via quality and microbial safety
* Respiratory behaviour of jamun, fenugreek has been studied
* Active MAP of Cauliflower using moisture absorbents viz. Paddy Husk and Silica Gel has been studied.
Research Paper: 2
1. To evaluate the phenolic contents, antioxidant effect and antimicrobial effect of pomegranate peel extract in meat and meat products.
2. To evaluate the physicochemical, sensory and microbial quality of meat and meat products containing pomegranate peel extract under vacuum packaging.
1. Optimization of time and temperature for extraction of pomegranate peel extract and evaluation of antioxidant properties of pomegranate peel extract.
2. Development of antibacterial and antioxidant extract from pomegranate peel extract
3. Successful in-vitro studies for establishing antioxidant effect of pomegranate peel extract in chicken and goat meat.
4. Successful in-vitro studies for establishing antibacterial effect of pomegranate peel extract against pseudomonas stutzeri, Staphylococcus aureus, Bacillus cereus.
5. Successful isolation and molecular characterization of pseudomonas stutzeri isolated from poultry meat.
1. To isolate and characterize surface micro-flora from mango and banana, with storage, exploration of possibility of predicting them using NIR spectroscopy.
2. To evaluate role of selected microorganisms on physicochemical properties of fruits during storage.
3. To develop ripening/anti-ripening agent for mango and banana
• Isolation, enumeration of surface micro-flora from mango and banana with storage. 17 bacterial and 21 fungal isolates were purified and maintained for further characterization
1. To optimize partial dewatering process of onion for preparation of juice, pulp and powder.
2. To evaluate the physicochemical and microbial quality of fresh, processed and stored products.
3. To establish the pilot scale onion processing plant and conduct entrepreneurship development program
Process for manufacturing long shelf life onion powder using dewatering process have has successfully been developed
1. To acquire the spectral signature of selected microbes using IR Spectroscopy
2. To develop calibration models for different microbes using chemometrics
3. To standardize the procedure for poultry meat
(a) Procurement of culture from respective agencies
(b) Revival of microbial cultures
(c) Acquisition of Spectral signature of poultry specific microbes
1) Standardization of dehydration technologies for banana, papaya and mangoes
2) Design and development a dehydrator for low temperature drying of selected commodities
3) Preparation of de- odored and fruit flavored soya milk powder and its appropriate packaging
4) Preparation of naturally flavored instant soya-tea
5) To study cost economics of the developed products
1) Standardization of dehydration technologies for banana, papaya and mangoes is completed.
2) De- odored and fruit flavored soya milk powder has been prepared.
3) Naturally flavored instant soya-tea in powder form has been prepared.