1) Design and development of a mobile agro- processing unit for food grains spices,
2) To evaluate performance of mobile agro processing unit.
3) To study the socio economic impact and financial viability of mobile agro processing unit.
1) Identify the post harvest processing projects for rural/micro entrepreneurs
2) Develop projects profiles of post harvest processing units.
3) Conduct the cost benefit analysis of the processing units
4) Document the projects profiles.
Technical Bulletin: 6 Nos
Technical Bulletin No: CIPHET / Pub. / 07 to 12 / 2006.
Project Profile on Milling of Cattle Feed.
Project Profile on Mustard Oil.
Project Profile on Milling of Pulses.
Project Profile on Soymilk.
Project Profile on Milling of Spices.
Project Profile on Milling of Wheat.
Authors: D. Dhingra, Ashwani Kumar, D. K. Bharti and Dattatreya M. Kadam
1) Optimize the effect of concentration of osmotic solution, temperature, sample size and time on osmotic dehydration.
2) Analyze the effect of initial osmotic dehydration on air drying behavior
3) Study the product quality.
1) Design and development of manually and mechanically operated banana- comb cutter.
2) Performance evaluation and field demonstrations of banana-comb cutter.
1) Developed manual banana-comb cutter and demonstrated in the field.
2) CIPHET Banana-comb cutter technology of CIPHET, Ludhiana is transferred to National Agro Industries, Ludhiana at the license fees of Rs 45,000 (Non-exclusive).
3) Banana comb/hand cutter is referred by Pitam Chandra (2009) in his Chapter 27: Mehanization for quality banana production, Book: Banana New Innovations by H P Singh and M M Mustaffa (1st Edition), Westville Publishing House, New Delhi. 171-175 (172-173) pp.
CIPHET banana-comb cutter demonstrated to farmers and traders. CIPHET E – Newsletter for July 2007, Vol. 2 No. 7: page no. 6-8.
Dattatreya M. Kadam (2008). “Hasta chaleet Kela guccha katayee yantra”, Krishi Prasanskaran Darpan (Rajbhasha Patrika Hindi), July- December 2008 Vol. 5 page: 9-10.
Dattatreya M. Kadam, R T Patil and D Dhingra (2007). Design, Development and Evaluation of manually operated Banana-Hand Cutter” (poster presented). National Conference on “Food and Nutrition Security: Food and Biotechnological interventions” Dept. of Food Technology, SLIET, Longowal on 22nd and 23rd March 2007.
Dattatreya M. Kadam, D. Dhingra and R. T. Patil (2007). Development, Evaluation and Demonstration of Manual Banana-comb/Hand Cutter” (poster presented) during National Conference on Banana held at NRC Banana, Trichy during 25 to 29 October, 2007.
Dattatreya M. Kadam and R T Patil (2009). Mechanisation in Banana with Special Reference to Bunch Management” (paper presented) during 2nd National Conference on “Production of Healthy Planting Materials in Banana” from 3rd to 6th October 2009 held at Jain Hills, Jalgoan.
Technology transferred to M/s. National Agro Industries, Ludhiana for mass production and sale of tool. Non exclusive license is given at Rs 45,000/-.
1) To design a belt dryer
2) To fabricate the belt dryer
3) To evaluate the belt dryer
Information of about 527 machines for different post-harvest / agro-processing machines (e.g. cleaners, graders, dryers, storage machines, milling/ grinding machines, processing machines, packaging machines and miscellaneous machines) were collected, entered and refined in the developed user friendly database software.
A total of twenty-four villages (four villages from two districts of each three states) were surveyed for the agro-processing centers/ units, based on processing of food grains, oilseeds and spices including village information through direct personal interview/ conversation and the collected information was tabulated and analyzed.
Two months training programme (Oct. 21- Dec. 20, 2002) on Agri-Clinics and Agri-Business was organized at CIPHET Ludhiana. Several field visits were also organized during training programmes under the project.